Danny The Dreamer Boyd
Just because the sun is high,
And a lot of blood's been shed,
Doesn't mean that tears run dry,
Nor daily dreams are dead!
We fight not 'cause we love to fight,
But that we have to fight at times;
We fancied ne'er such scarlet sight,
Yet do long for the distant chimes.
Perchance one day this all would end,
And we would claim a victor none;
The worst foe yet becomes a friend,
And grasps the past the setting sun.
Well, as for now, you just hold fast,
To your life, knife, and wicked gun:
For every breath might be the last,
And every blow ends lives anon.
For me, beneath the starless sky, —
In pain—with needle and thread:
I'll sew all those who've parted nigh,
While crying o'er goodbyes unsaid!
Just because our hopes are high,
After streams of blood are bled,
Doesn't mean this current'd dry,
Ever; nor memories touch no restless bed!
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Necessity by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison