Danny The Dreamer Boyd
Just because the sun is high,
And a lot of blood's been shed,
Doesn't mean that tears run dry,
Nor daily dreams are dead!
We fight not 'cause we love to fight,
But that we have to fight at times;
We fancied ne'er such scarlet sight,
Yet do long for the distant chimes.
Perchance one day this all would end,
And we would claim a victor none;
The worst foe yet becomes a friend,
And grasps the past the setting sun.
Well, as for now, you just hold fast,
To your life, knife, and wicked gun:
For every breath might be the last,
And every blow ends lives anon.
For me, beneath the starless sky, —
In pain—with needle and thread:
I'll sew all those who've parted nigh,
While crying o'er goodbyes unsaid!
Just because our hopes are high,
After streams of blood are bled,
Doesn't mean this current'd dry,
Ever; nor memories touch no restless bed!
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Necessity by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd
- ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ, Deepak Malapur
- A Cruel Hope, Praveen Nautiyal
- Our Vista, Hazel Durham
- UNWANTED, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In my poems each word, gajanan mishra
- The silent Witness, Angell Afinowi
- Peaceful Faculty-5, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Peaceful Faculty-4, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Dear Mom! Please Come Back, Raj DEVAN