Namita D Kaushik(flora goddess of flowers)
What you mean to me,
Is more than I can express.
You see, I had no sister when I was little
To call when I was in distress.
When we first met,
We had no clue,
What was getting ready to happen,
Was not completely out of the blue.
God had a plan,
Throughout all the years,
He was making us for each other,
To share life's smiles and tears.
I never could have imagined,
What a sister's love was about,
Until I met you,
And then I really found out.
A sister's love is unconditional,
It's a love has no end,
A sister's love wants the best for each other,
It's a love that will always defend.
Sometimes we may get mad,
Or we may begin to fight,
But that's the fun part about having a sister,
We both think we're always right!
I'm so glad that I did not have,
A sister in the past,
It's made me much more thankful,
For the sister I have at last.
Namita D Kaushik(flora goddess of flowers)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I always wished to have an elder sister.. And i found that in her only.
She was like a mother, like a lover and a best friend.
I Miss You Di
Comments about this poem (My Sister by Namita D Kaushik(flora goddess of flowers) )
- The Beatles in Auckland, michael walker
- Gandhi, gajanan mishra
- Keep Up, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You, Jose Orozco
- In my heart - you are, gajanan mishra
- 9 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 2 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 31 July 2014, Shri R Brahma
- It's October 1st. Did you pay your mortg.., Jena Crowe
- Princess Diana, Sonia Ode Lucci
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)