'My Secret Place'
“My Secret Place”
A beautiful voice awakened me from my dream,
“Hey! Hey you! You’re the one in my dream! ”
You look confused, bewildered, and maybe even frightened,
My words, taken you by surprise.
I give you my hand. An offering of friendship-
Please, I plead… I’m not one to be feared,
I’m not one to be forgotten, thrown away.
The need I have is not lost within your eyes,
And you sense the connection right away.
You take my hand and allow me to lead you into my dream…
My Secret Place.
Your eyes sparkle at the magic that awaits you.
And You laugh, as I pop the wine cork-
“You’re crazy, ” you say.
Me? I look bewildered, and ask why?
“Because, I dreamed of you… the other day,
and you told me you’d take me to your secret place…”
“Well, what do you think? ” I wave my hand before you, leading the way…
And you give me such a warm, inviting smile,
“It’s not a secret anymore, you dork! ”
I laugh, and give you my most bemusing smile-
“Ah, your right, it’s Our Secret now.”
Glasses raised and a silent toast shared
with a clink.
Beautiful girl, beautiful place-
Amazing wine, and we drink.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('My Secret Place' by Kelly Seale )
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Do Early Birds Really Catch the Worm?, Dr John Celes
- I Did It Well, Vera Sidhwa
- Epistemology, michael walkerjohn
- Rain at the Glass Window, Ismim Putera
- Come Away With Me, Almedia Knight Oliver
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)