'My Secret Place'
“My Secret Place”
A beautiful voice awakened me from my dream,
“Hey! Hey you! You’re the one in my dream! ”
You look confused, bewildered, and maybe even frightened,
My words, taken you by surprise.
I give you my hand. An offering of friendship-
Please, I plead… I’m not one to be feared,
I’m not one to be forgotten, thrown away.
The need I have is not lost within your eyes,
And you sense the connection right away.
You take my hand and allow me to lead you into my dream…
My Secret Place.
Your eyes sparkle at the magic that awaits you.
And You laugh, as I pop the wine cork-
“You’re crazy, ” you say.
Me? I look bewildered, and ask why?
“Because, I dreamed of you… the other day,
and you told me you’d take me to your secret place…”
“Well, what do you think? ” I wave my hand before you, leading the way…
And you give me such a warm, inviting smile,
“It’s not a secret anymore, you dork! ”
I laugh, and give you my most bemusing smile-
“Ah, your right, it’s Our Secret now.”
Glasses raised and a silent toast shared
with a clink.
Beautiful girl, beautiful place-
Amazing wine, and we drink.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('My Secret Place' by Kelly Seale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella
- Domestic goddess, Mark Heathcote
- Blank Depression, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The tears of human race, Great Emeritus
- Capsule Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MY own fault, hasmukh amathalal
- on returning to my part time job-, Mandolyn ...