'My Secret Place'
“My Secret Place”
A beautiful voice awakened me from my dream,
“Hey! Hey you! You’re the one in my dream! ”
You look confused, bewildered, and maybe even frightened,
My words, taken you by surprise.
I give you my hand. An offering of friendship-
Please, I plead… I’m not one to be feared,
I’m not one to be forgotten, thrown away.
The need I have is not lost within your eyes,
And you sense the connection right away.
You take my hand and allow me to lead you into my dream…
My Secret Place.
Your eyes sparkle at the magic that awaits you.
And You laugh, as I pop the wine cork-
“You’re crazy, ” you say.
Me? I look bewildered, and ask why?
“Because, I dreamed of you… the other day,
and you told me you’d take me to your secret place…”
“Well, what do you think? ” I wave my hand before you, leading the way…
And you give me such a warm, inviting smile,
“It’s not a secret anymore, you dork! ”
I laugh, and give you my most bemusing smile-
“Ah, your right, it’s Our Secret now.”
Glasses raised and a silent toast shared
with a clink.
Beautiful girl, beautiful place-
Amazing wine, and we drink.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('My Secret Place' by Kelly Seale )
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)