My One Sin
My one sin is falling love
with every woman I meet,
but because I am happily married
I’ll never cross the line and cheat.
Some might say that
my heart has not committed a sin,
while others might say
my heart has a flirtatious nature.
It might be because my heart was starved
of love when I grew up.
Who knows whatever the cause,
but I know I am
only a one woman man,
who looks at what my heart does
as my only sin.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My One Sin by David Harris )
Did you read them?
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov