My mind is always wandering,
trying to put together the pieces of puzzles in the back of my mind
my brains primary task, is to calm down,
or at least look calm,
to fool everyone.
Today I will keep to myself and stay out of the way of the drama the best I can
and to be rather quiet
to draw little to no attention to myself.
I don't want to be here,
I don't know if I should have gotten out of bed
at this point I haven't thought of I reason why I should have.
tired of the people around me,
even though we just came back I'm already sick of them.
I hate the crowds of people,
with the loud voices,
walking in rows that touch each side of the hall so its impossible to get by
talking of nonsense.
While I walk by myself.
Always by myself.
Clove Beatty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My mind by Clove Beatty )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)