My mind is always wandering,
trying to put together the pieces of puzzles in the back of my mind
my brains primary task, is to calm down,
or at least look calm,
to fool everyone.
Today I will keep to myself and stay out of the way of the drama the best I can
and to be rather quiet
to draw little to no attention to myself.
I don't want to be here,
I don't know if I should have gotten out of bed
at this point I haven't thought of I reason why I should have.
tired of the people around me,
even though we just came back I'm already sick of them.
I hate the crowds of people,
with the loud voices,
walking in rows that touch each side of the hall so its impossible to get by
talking of nonsense.
While I walk by myself.
Always by myself.
Clove Beatty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My mind by Clove Beatty )
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
- An African Woman I am... a Blessing or a.., Vivian Muciri
- You are Everywhere!, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)