My mind is always wandering,
trying to put together the pieces of puzzles in the back of my mind
my brains primary task, is to calm down,
or at least look calm,
to fool everyone.
Today I will keep to myself and stay out of the way of the drama the best I can
and to be rather quiet
to draw little to no attention to myself.
I don't want to be here,
I don't know if I should have gotten out of bed
at this point I haven't thought of I reason why I should have.
tired of the people around me,
even though we just came back I'm already sick of them.
I hate the crowds of people,
with the loud voices,
walking in rows that touch each side of the hall so its impossible to get by
talking of nonsense.
While I walk by myself.
Always by myself.
Clove Beatty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My mind by Clove Beatty )
- G, Nassy Fesharaki
- Side, Ruta Wuneh
- Unknown, Ruta Wuneh
- Bashfulness is the ornament for a youthf.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Yours, and only mine, Maya Tod
- IQ poeam, Angry Brownbear
- Lacklustre thoughts, Angry Brownbear
- Mindless Wind, Angry Brownbear
- Screams of Silence, Angry Brownbear
- Abode Aroma, Angry Brownbear
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1841 - 1896)
William Schwenck Gilbert
(1836 - 1911)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns