My mind is always wandering,
trying to put together the pieces of puzzles in the back of my mind
my brains primary task, is to calm down,
or at least look calm,
to fool everyone.
Today I will keep to myself and stay out of the way of the drama the best I can
and to be rather quiet
to draw little to no attention to myself.
I don't want to be here,
I don't know if I should have gotten out of bed
at this point I haven't thought of I reason why I should have.
tired of the people around me,
even though we just came back I'm already sick of them.
I hate the crowds of people,
with the loud voices,
walking in rows that touch each side of the hall so its impossible to get by
talking of nonsense.
While I walk by myself.
Always by myself.
Clove Beatty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My mind by Clove Beatty )
- Villanelle: Even childhood teenage nurtu.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Conversation between Two Dead Bodies, Md. Ziaul Haque
- This World is Full of Beauty, Gerald Massey
- Let's Get Wet in Moonlight, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Inner Sacrifice, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Tribute to a Writer, Md. Ziaul Haque
- For Touching You Once, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Be Mine Forever, Md. Ziaul Haque
- It's a Beautiful World, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Beauty, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- My Retreat, Jose Rizal
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)