My Mantra (Cravings)
Your syllables are my mantra,
two most repeated intonations,
a rise and a light fall,
that most resonant, sonorous sound.
Your syllables are my whispers
while lying on the lawn,
and I am your wasted, impetuous sundial,
pulling your stars towards my sun,
my frenzied, but devout sun,
with its insidious glow,
though you never take notice to my
or my slothful cravings.
I have lost all decorum,
but I am not a libertine.
I am your manic zealot,
your patron saint.
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Mantra (Cravings) by B.B. Loring )
- On The Rosy Cross, Naveed Khalid
- Survival, Patrick Czyz
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam
- Evening, Naveed Khalid
- Pravasi Lokam, Arun Narayanan nileshwar