Shiv Kumar Batalvi
My friend, it is my own sorrow
That has destroyed me.
It is a lie to think
That your love had the strength to do it.
I have no complaint against
Heat or drought.
My garden was destroyed
By the dews of spring.
It is not the fault
Of the black night.
The ocean was defeated
By its beloved moon.
Who is it that
A man is destroyed,
By his birth.
The sun that rises
Is certain to sink.
He lies who says
The west destroyed it.
Yes, one can be destroyed
By grieving for dead friends,
Though it is more likely the result,
Of the display of that grief.
The enemy is not the murderer,
I tell you.
Shiv was killed
By those who loved him.
Shiv Kumar Batalvi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Friend by Shiv Kumar Batalvi )
- Love don't have no name on it!, Shirley Morgan
- There Was A Time, Kyle Schlicher
- No Such Thing As Handicapped, louis rams
- Here I Am, Kyle Schlicher
- Destroy hunger, gajanan mishra
- Treachery is a Treacherous' Red, Aftab Alam
- I'll Be There, Brandon Ezzard
- DESIRES, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Vast open, hasmukh amathalal
- He Is My Default, Saiom Shriver
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)