Shiv Kumar Batalvi
My friend, it is my own sorrow
That has destroyed me.
It is a lie to think
That your love had the strength to do it.
I have no complaint against
Heat or drought.
My garden was destroyed
By the dews of spring.
It is not the fault
Of the black night.
The ocean was defeated
By its beloved moon.
Who is it that
A man is destroyed,
By his birth.
The sun that rises
Is certain to sink.
He lies who says
The west destroyed it.
Yes, one can be destroyed
By grieving for dead friends,
Though it is more likely the result,
Of the display of that grief.
The enemy is not the murderer,
I tell you.
Shiv was killed
By those who loved him.
Shiv Kumar Batalvi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Friend by Shiv Kumar Batalvi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola
- my eye has a patch on the inside, Mandolyn ...
- Final Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- to always be the self amidst these cacop.., RIC S. BASTASA