Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet
My Face Turned Upwards To The Sky
My face turned upwards to the sky
One summer night I lay upon some hay
A lively close-knit starry chorus
Was flickering all around.
The mute earth, nebulous and dreamlike,
Rushed off without a trace
And I, like Eden's first inhabitant,
Faced night's gaze all alone.
Was it I hurtling into midnight's depths
Or was it crowds of stars that hurtled toward me?
It seemed as if a mighty palm
Held me suspended over the abyss.
And with a heart confused and stunned
I cast my gaze into the depths,
Whence sinking every moment deeper,
I never will return.
Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Face Turned Upwards To The Sky by Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Keep Smiling!, Geetha Jayakumar
- THE LAST SCENE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Gone, Kareem Sameh
- Muskurathey Raho!, Geetha Jayakumar
- A Few Stars Tonight, Jesus James Llorico
- T. V. Premiere, Sandra Feldman
- Exclusive Few Lines Designed For....., Geetha Jayakumar
- नहीं करेंगे एतबार.. Nahi Karenge, hasmukh amathalal
- Voiceless Prayer, Kate Harrington
- Lines, Kate Harrington