Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet
My Face Turned Upwards To The Sky
My face turned upwards to the sky
One summer night I lay upon some hay
A lively close-knit starry chorus
Was flickering all around.
The mute earth, nebulous and dreamlike,
Rushed off without a trace
And I, like Eden's first inhabitant,
Faced night's gaze all alone.
Was it I hurtling into midnight's depths
Or was it crowds of stars that hurtled toward me?
It seemed as if a mighty palm
Held me suspended over the abyss.
And with a heart confused and stunned
I cast my gaze into the depths,
Whence sinking every moment deeper,
I never will return.
Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Face Turned Upwards To The Sky by Afanasy Afanasyevich Fet )
Did you read them?
- The Court of Cassation, Brian J. Stafford
- The Final Goodbye, Naomi Johnson
- Haiku ' Clouds ', miken newman
- A Song Of Living, Amelia Josephine Burr
- My Final Goodbye, Naomi Johnson
- I Remember, Kelly Shanks
- Beautiful heaven, hasmukh amathalal
- Black Thursday, Barry Jablonski
- ... MY FIGHT FOR LIFE..., Ken e Hall
- Show life, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Green Mountain, Li Po
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)