[Month of] April
The stranger warmth of the young sun obeying,
Look! little beads of green begin to grow,
And hidden flowers have dated their tops to show
Where late such droughty dusts were rudely playing.
It's not the month, but all the world's a-maying!
Come then with me, I'll take you, for I know
Where the first hedgethorns and white windflowers blow:
We two alone,, that goes without the saying.
The month has treacherous clouds and moves in fears.
This April shames the month itself with smiles:
In whose new eyes I know no heaven of tears,
But still serene desire and between whiles,
So great a look that even April's grace
Makes only marvel at her only face.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ([Month of] April by Hilaire Belloc )
- A LITTLE PRAYER, Vinaya Joseph
- Even for bluff, hasmukh amathalal
- For you - Mother, gajanan mishra
- My Morning Glory, Refa Kris
- The Beast, Shannon Paterson
- Mode Of Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gathering Compensation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 2 of A Kind, Josep Rodriguez
- पाऊस ओथंबुन वाहत असताना..., Amit Anjarlekar
- sometimes we all, Ben Paynter
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)