I felt so alone.
As the moon shone.
I yearned for your voice,
As the world rejoiced.
I longed for your touch,
The memory so much.
I searched for your eyes,
Hidden like spies.
I wanted my voice to be heard by your ears,
To help us wipe away our tears.
To help me face my fears,
Which we’ve shared for years.
Soon you’ll be with me again,
In sunshine or rain.
We’ll relive our old loves,
And make peace as doves.
Motivating one another we’ll play life’s games,
Sparking off adjectives and remembering names.
I’ll do my best so as we both win,
All’s fair in caring - it’s not a sin.
So I look forward again to our meeting,
We’ll fill our day with fun after greeting.
And if you’ve had enough after “snap“,
You just have a well earned nap!
Charles McMullen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missing You by Charles McMullen )
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Wings Of Life, Saravanan Writer
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid