I felt so alone.
As the moon shone.
I yearned for your voice,
As the world rejoiced.
I longed for your touch,
The memory so much.
I searched for your eyes,
Hidden like spies.
I wanted my voice to be heard by your ears,
To help us wipe away our tears.
To help me face my fears,
Which we’ve shared for years.
Soon you’ll be with me again,
In sunshine or rain.
We’ll relive our old loves,
And make peace as doves.
Motivating one another we’ll play life’s games,
Sparking off adjectives and remembering names.
I’ll do my best so as we both win,
All’s fair in caring - it’s not a sin.
So I look forward again to our meeting,
We’ll fill our day with fun after greeting.
And if you’ve had enough after “snap“,
You just have a well earned nap!
Charles McMullen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missing You by Charles McMullen )
- 10 January 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October is next to September تشرين الاول.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- October is next to September, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I feel bored, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 30 September 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Praise God for that Touchdown (only if Y.., Joe Rosochacki
- Mablaba baogargwn be jaya, Shri R Brahma
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.44, Robert Graber
- My dinner عشائي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ang hastayw, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Drownig in pink, Framarz Bagheri
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)