Mind not free
Though our body has become independent
still, our mind is not,
we have -
Broken the chain of British Rule
changed History, changed the times
Man has become free
Books of Religion,
Still confine God,
We have -
By our strength and sweat,
spring-ed the autumn.
Nightingale has become free -
still seasons bind the spring.
Our ideal -
A city on the starry -sky.
Still our pooja,
is limited to temples and shrines.
Every one says- We're one, ours is one country.
still hatred is
The current slogan.
Our salvation -
Ides under one flag.
Our is -
One, aim, one goal.
Then why ?
Some are ahead, some behind
some about the start
some at their journey's end :
We have -
Restored the Throne - of Delhi
Tri-color now flutters at the Fort ( Red).
We're moving forward.
Iron-bars of Religion
still cage us.
(Translated by R.P. CHADDAH)
Gopaldas Neeraj's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind not free by Gopaldas Neeraj )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- God ia not all macho, kalemeera collins
- My mom, Meenakshi Hariharan
- 2006 Tsunami, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Yes, I am emotional, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Perspective, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Let the music play on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Girl's Proposal, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Man, Katherina Palomo
- Move on, Edward Clapham
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget