Mind not free
Though our body has become independent
still, our mind is not,
we have -
Broken the chain of British Rule
changed History, changed the times
Man has become free
Books of Religion,
Still confine God,
We have -
By our strength and sweat,
spring-ed the autumn.
Nightingale has become free -
still seasons bind the spring.
Our ideal -
A city on the starry -sky.
Still our pooja,
is limited to temples and shrines.
Every one says- We're one, ours is one country.
still hatred is
The current slogan.
Our salvation -
Ides under one flag.
Our is -
One, aim, one goal.
Then why ?
Some are ahead, some behind
some about the start
some at their journey's end :
We have -
Restored the Throne - of Delhi
Tri-color now flutters at the Fort ( Red).
We're moving forward.
Iron-bars of Religion
still cage us.
(Translated by R.P. CHADDAH)
Gopaldas Neeraj's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind not free by Gopaldas Neeraj )
- Elfin song, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To Have To Worry, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I heard these verses in a dream, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The centuries pass, my friend, Emmanuel George Cefai
- I heard a violin, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Epitaph on John Rankine, Robert Burns
- When the rains fall, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Whistle: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- I Was Done With The World But My Heart R.., Melikhaya Zagagana
- revolutionary, Tinashe mulambo
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Frog and The Nightingale, Vikram Seth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)