Mind not free
Though our body has become independent
still, our mind is not,
we have -
Broken the chain of British Rule
changed History, changed the times
Man has become free
Books of Religion,
Still confine God,
We have -
By our strength and sweat,
spring-ed the autumn.
Nightingale has become free -
still seasons bind the spring.
Our ideal -
A city on the starry -sky.
Still our pooja,
is limited to temples and shrines.
Every one says- We're one, ours is one country.
still hatred is
The current slogan.
Our salvation -
Ides under one flag.
Our is -
One, aim, one goal.
Then why ?
Some are ahead, some behind
some about the start
some at their journey's end :
We have -
Restored the Throne - of Delhi
Tri-color now flutters at the Fort ( Red).
We're moving forward.
Iron-bars of Religion
still cage us.
(Translated by R.P. CHADDAH)
Gopaldas Neeraj's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mind not free by Gopaldas Neeraj )
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
- Make it a new day., Patrick Czyz
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
- It Hurts When Your're Letting Go, Marvin Tordillos
- Where Is The Faith Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)