Carolyn Ford Witt
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU
-* MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU * -
The twinkling lights, of Christmas scenes,
Strewn across the countryside;
As the family takes it's ever famous,
Night before Christmas ride.
You'll see, baby Jesus in the manger,
With Mary and Joseph standing near.
Santa's sleigh is by the chimney
And, there in front, his eight reindeer.
There's a snowman and a snoopy
With children playing there with glee.
And there are presents sprightly piled
Neath the snowy Christmas Tree.
Luminaries dancing along the walks
Lighting pathways up the hill
While Carolers sing for everyone
Sprinklings of snowflakes can't break their will.
Then slowly we'll drive back to our home in A land that is so free
Snuggling in our bed to dream of a Babe upon the hay
Then we'll wake up in the morning, to presents neath the tree;
And please remember- our Blessed Lord's sweet CHRIST-mas Day.
Have a Merry Christmas My friends.
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt
Carolyn Ford Witt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU by Carolyn Ford Witt )
- I love you more than 🎂🍰, Mark Heathcote
- My Friends (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Story of a postman, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Boy & his Lamb, narasanna n narasanna n
- Let Alone Me, Asma Riaz Khan
- The Unbearable, Lilly Emery
- My Childhood poem-3, soulful heart
- Nature Expresses Itself, Rohit Sapra
- I sold myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)