Carolyn Ford Witt
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU
-* MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU * -
The twinkling lights, of Christmas scenes,
Strewn across the countryside;
As the family takes it's ever famous,
Night before Christmas ride.
You'll see, baby Jesus in the manger,
With Mary and Joseph standing near.
Santa's sleigh is by the chimney
And, there in front, his eight reindeer.
There's a snowman and a snoopy
With children playing there with glee.
And there are presents sprightly piled
Neath the snowy Christmas Tree.
Luminaries dancing along the walks
Lighting pathways up the hill
While Carolers sing for everyone
Sprinklings of snowflakes can't break their will.
Then slowly we'll drive back to our home in A land that is so free
Snuggling in our bed to dream of a Babe upon the hay
Then we'll wake up in the morning, to presents neath the tree;
And please remember- our Blessed Lord's sweet CHRIST-mas Day.
Have a Merry Christmas My friends.
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt
Carolyn Ford Witt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU by Carolyn Ford Witt )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Poem of the Day
- Fighting a hard fight, Peter Strugnell
- Ballade [I die of thirst beside the foun.., François Villon
- To Rosemounde, Geoffrey Chaucer
- Jo aashiqui me sarvsrestha hota hai, Sumit Rawat
- Amor vincit omnia, Suhail Kakorvi
- Stilling to North, Arthur Sze
- Counting the Days, Leonard Champlin
- Blue or Green, James Galvin
- By Sun Arisen, Saiom Shriver
- From Weapon To Lifegiver, Saiom Shriver