Carolyn Ford Witt
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU
-* MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU * -
The twinkling lights, of Christmas scenes,
Strewn across the countryside;
As the family takes it's ever famous,
Night before Christmas ride.
You'll see, baby Jesus in the manger,
With Mary and Joseph standing near.
Santa's sleigh is by the chimney
And, there in front, his eight reindeer.
There's a snowman and a snoopy
With children playing there with glee.
And there are presents sprightly piled
Neath the snowy Christmas Tree.
Luminaries dancing along the walks
Lighting pathways up the hill
While Carolers sing for everyone
Sprinklings of snowflakes can't break their will.
Then slowly we'll drive back to our home in A land that is so free
Snuggling in our bed to dream of a Babe upon the hay
Then we'll wake up in the morning, to presents neath the tree;
And please remember- our Blessed Lord's sweet CHRIST-mas Day.
Have a Merry Christmas My friends.
Author: Carolyn Ford Witt
Carolyn Ford Witt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU by Carolyn Ford Witt )
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
- FREE FALL, Bironga Chadwick
- Imbalance, Hans Raj Sharma
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Primitive, Sharon Olds
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)