Memories Left Behind
memories go gentle into the night
Reflecting the stars around the moon,
You will always be a shining light,
A radiant glow dispels the dark gloom.
With warbling voices of many singers
In heavenly realm of angelic voices,
Hearts cry out in righteous memories,
Songs you brought to mass choirs.
Joining the Lord now on another terrain,
Clutch the shadows between earthly cares,
There you will hear again before we reign
Immortal songs briefly gained in tears.
In laden flames that glows faint in the night,
Memories converged on the path left behind,
You will always be that shining light,
Leave the impulses of songs in our mind.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Memories Left Behind by Gerry Legister )
- millions of pleasure...., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)