Memories Left Behind
memories go gentle into the night
Reflecting the stars around the moon,
You will always be a shining light,
A radiant glow dispels the dark gloom.
With warbling voices of many singers
In heavenly realm of angelic voices,
Hearts cry out in righteous memories,
Songs you brought to mass choirs.
Joining the Lord now on another terrain,
Clutch the shadows between earthly cares,
There you will hear again before we reign
Immortal songs briefly gained in tears.
In laden flames that glows faint in the night,
Memories converged on the path left behind,
You will always be that shining light,
Leave the impulses of songs in our mind.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Memories Left Behind by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler
- To Be A Poet Traced Stepping Stones, Terence G. Craddock