Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva
Evening dimmed, like ourselves charmed
With this first warmth of the spring.
Stirring alive, Arbat was alarmed;
With sympathetic tenderness, the kind
Gale touched us with a tired wing.
In our souls, raised on a fairy tale,
Sorrow quietly cried for past things.
He came - so unexpected! So hurriedly -
He who helped in all things before.
And far off in a line unconsolably
The streetlamps' radiant dots
Burned though light darkness some more…
All around flowers we bought;
We bought a bouquet.. What for?
Quietly withered away unseen garden
In the sky violet-red.
How to be saved from late trouble?
All returned. For a moment? For long?
We speechlessly looked at sun going to bed,
And Gogol nodded, thoughtful, from
The pedestral like a brother, sad.
Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Meeting by Marina Ivanovna Tsvetaeva )
- Holy! Holy!, Naveed Khalid
- 74, Naveed Khalid
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI