spectacle was fleeting,
moments shadowed our narrative,
Seeking the kindness of an original.
I-happiness-junkie squeezed verve;
Plunging into a flash
I spent stunning memories,
We were once remarkable,
Touching an agile earth
In the serene of a shared imagination;
We were together, not one.
I spelled out hesitation on her womb,
And swam lackluster love, crying.
We still lay awake, forgiven yet lost.
Strange, drunk and potent,
It was all written on our sands:
This heart is a universe that grows
r e l e n t l e s s
Ilham Ahmed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maya by Ilham Ahmed )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blamed too, hasmukh amathalal
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- BY Design, Terrance Tracy
- The Man of War and Flowers, Daniel Skentelbery
- Honest Love, Ronald Chapman
- Homage to Sarah Geronimo 'The Pop Star P.., Ronald Chapman
- False Prophets, Dexsta Ray
- scenic scene, lee fones
- Hold On, Ronald Chapman
- Very simple life, hasmukh amathalal