spectacle was fleeting,
moments shadowed our narrative,
Seeking the kindness of an original.
I-happiness-junkie squeezed verve;
Plunging into a flash
I spent stunning memories,
We were once remarkable,
Touching an agile earth
In the serene of a shared imagination;
We were together, not one.
I spelled out hesitation on her womb,
And swam lackluster love, crying.
We still lay awake, forgiven yet lost.
Strange, drunk and potent,
It was all written on our sands:
This heart is a universe that grows
r e l e n t l e s s
Ilham Ahmed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maya by Ilham Ahmed )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Poem of the Day
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland