spectacle was fleeting,
moments shadowed our narrative,
Seeking the kindness of an original.
I-happiness-junkie squeezed verve;
Plunging into a flash
I spent stunning memories,
We were once remarkable,
Touching an agile earth
In the serene of a shared imagination;
We were together, not one.
I spelled out hesitation on her womb,
And swam lackluster love, crying.
We still lay awake, forgiven yet lost.
Strange, drunk and potent,
It was all written on our sands:
This heart is a universe that grows
r e l e n t l e s s
Ilham Ahmed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maya by Ilham Ahmed )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 154. The Path Of Life, John Westlake
- OUR FALLEN LEAVES اوراقنا المتساقطة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Language, Our Friend, Sandra Feldman
- there's a pretty plum sky and then there.., Mandolyn ...
- Revealed, John Onyeme
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI