Marie, Mel Canada in White Satin
Marie Mel n Me Canada In White Satin..
A journey distant with friends and loved ones so dear, I don’t know what to say
Let it be a bus, a car, a train, it did not matter, was fun all the way.
Hand in hand in this white wonderland, I looked into her sparkling eyes,
A courage she gave, together we made it and it was a wonderful prize.
Driving, walking, through the snowy white land it was a breath taking scene,
The white flaky clouds floating and the trees so emerald, the evergreen,
As the northern wind swept across me in a rushing and unsteady pace
The snow fell on the fields, around me that gently kissed my cold face.
With layers of garments I clad to shield me from this freezing cold,
Sipped a hot drink to keep me warm, had no choice did what I was told.
Spinning the scarf around my neck I felt a fast choking almost to my grave
Boots so high as my knees, to trod along steadily, an asset to be brave
The golden sun covered the sky and the weather seemed so brightly fair
I travelled along this whitened land to breathe in the winter-spring air
My eyes dipped far into the grounds and I could see the snow tinted plains
As the snow swirled to the melody of the breeze in silence, with no restrain.
The vanishing snow from the hills and the roads now seen faintly white
Footsteps on the snow will soon cease and the fireplace out of sight
Evening fell and the white grounds a dream of silvery, slippery ice
A voice whispered into my heart enchanted beauty indeed at quite a price
I heard the birds sing and to my surprise saw the Canadian geese a- flying
As the buds bloomed and the joyful sounds of pitter-patter, the days of raining,
Springtime is here, the green meadows and the sweet scented fragrance of flowers
Oh how I wish I could have spent many more of the lovely and precious hours!
Thanks to all for the wonderful ride in the Winter-Spring world of love.
shirani ibrahim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Marie, Mel Canada in White Satin by shirani ibrahim )
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
- By The Thames as Late September Night Fa.., Shaun William Hayes
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lost Star, Rabindranath Tagore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)