Marie, Mel Canada in White Satin
Marie Mel n Me Canada In White Satin..
A journey distant with friends and loved ones so dear, I don’t know what to say
Let it be a bus, a car, a train, it did not matter, was fun all the way.
Hand in hand in this white wonderland, I looked into her sparkling eyes,
A courage she gave, together we made it and it was a wonderful prize.
Driving, walking, through the snowy white land it was a breath taking scene,
The white flaky clouds floating and the trees so emerald, the evergreen,
As the northern wind swept across me in a rushing and unsteady pace
The snow fell on the fields, around me that gently kissed my cold face.
With layers of garments I clad to shield me from this freezing cold,
Sipped a hot drink to keep me warm, had no choice did what I was told.
Spinning the scarf around my neck I felt a fast choking almost to my grave
Boots so high as my knees, to trod along steadily, an asset to be brave
The golden sun covered the sky and the weather seemed so brightly fair
I travelled along this whitened land to breathe in the winter-spring air
My eyes dipped far into the grounds and I could see the snow tinted plains
As the snow swirled to the melody of the breeze in silence, with no restrain.
The vanishing snow from the hills and the roads now seen faintly white
Footsteps on the snow will soon cease and the fireplace out of sight
Evening fell and the white grounds a dream of silvery, slippery ice
A voice whispered into my heart enchanted beauty indeed at quite a price
I heard the birds sing and to my surprise saw the Canadian geese a- flying
As the buds bloomed and the joyful sounds of pitter-patter, the days of raining,
Springtime is here, the green meadows and the sweet scented fragrance of flowers
Oh how I wish I could have spent many more of the lovely and precious hours!
Thanks to all for the wonderful ride in the Winter-Spring world of love.
shirani ibrahim's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Marie, Mel Canada in White Satin by shirani ibrahim )
- Loving An Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ostrich - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Nothing is faulty, gajanan mishra
- Silent Scream, Vivek Tiwari
- Your Fault, Von Kimball Barney
- Faking news, gajanan mishra
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)