MAN'S EVIL & GOODNESS
Our world resembles a ruthless game
Where all are eager players.
There's smiles of joy and tears of woe
With hate, lust, love, war and prayers.
Man's evil inhumanity
Makes countless thousands mourn
A piece of earth made to live
We've earned our Father's scorn.
We're the bad boys of the planet
Who walk in shoes upright
We differ only in our posture
From beasts that feast at night.
After death our name lives on
In the records of our nation
Or in the genes of a child
A rebirth of creation.
Let us pray as he grows
He learns to be a man
Strong in mind, big in heart
With the good book in his hand.
It matters not, how long we live
But more, how well we play our part.
For the road to Heaven is always near
As long as there's goodness in our heart.
Tom's 603 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
THANK YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE IN YOUR HEART = tom!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MAN'S EVIL & GOODNESS by Tom Zart )
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
- Old Drunk's Advice to an Anxious Beau, Donal Mahoney
- TWAILE! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Mother, Tamara Dunn
- Autumn, Mark Hamilton
- J.Bast, I try your face... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- It's Not Nice To Kill Other People, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns