MAN'S EVIL & GOODNESS
Our world resembles a ruthless game
Where all are eager players.
There's smiles of joy and tears of woe
With hate, lust, love, war and prayers.
Man's evil inhumanity
Makes countless thousands mourn
A piece of earth made to live
We've earned our Father's scorn.
We're the bad boys of the planet
Who walk in shoes upright
We differ only in our posture
From beasts that feast at night.
After death our name lives on
In the records of our nation
Or in the genes of a child
A rebirth of creation.
Let us pray as he grows
He learns to be a man
Strong in mind, big in heart
With the good book in his hand.
It matters not, how long we live
But more, how well we play our part.
For the road to Heaven is always near
As long as there's goodness in our heart.
Tom's 603 Poems Are Free To Share!
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
THANK YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE IN YOUR HEART = tom!
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MAN'S EVIL & GOODNESS by Tom Zart )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Unblind and a Blind Man, Luo Zhihai
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim
- Desperadoes, gajanan mishra