I have remained here
Alone and tired
Waiting for the lillies in vain
In season and out of season
What I saw and cherished
Which nurtured my heart
And lulled me away from the world
Has grown Wings.
It has flown away and It is flying
Its trail missed in the clouds.
I have gone to the beach
Where It once crystallized into a cuddle
Only shingles loyal to gravity
Lay sea-worn like me
Crushed by loneliness.
I have looked for It in bed
Beside me only its house I saw
Taunting me in diatribes.
I have seen It
Looming before me
Looking at me
When I spread my arms
Ready to to cuddle
It cringed away
Leaving me here a ghost!
I am lovesick, imprisoned
In this want for this long,
My manhood casted into a leaf
Wilted by the geysers of its dearth
I am here
Grumbling at me
My waiting a letdown.
Tony Adah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love by Tony Adah )
Did you read them?
- Even in strife, hasmukh amathalal
- ! DESECRATED POEMS/FLOATING HYPERLINK IN.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- In the midst of ruin there is reparation, Mark Heathcote
- Psalm XXIII, Henry Ainsworth
- Moral on love., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Dreamcatcher, Kwai Chee Low
- etc, gordon nosworthy
- And they ruined my family, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- Save Me, Fareez Nasir
- Clock back time, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)