Listen within the heart:
It was like a conspiracy of love,
Do you hear it?
My mind and my heart decided
To cooperate and fill up on love disregard the hate.
I can feel his words with out him saying a word,
I prepare for the world to see what I see,
Concentrate on my faith of love,
I fight this great debate with hast,
I expect a miracle is coming,
It has set loose this restlessness inside me,
Will I ever find a mate and travel first class destination,
pleasure meets escape?
Happiness might just step its game up as peace and hope
Sub in for anger and depression.
In return giving me new life like resurrection.
I expect it dream about it,
Freedom from the ties that bind, christian that found his hope,
five words and that's all he wrote.
Give birth to it in your being,
Know! something good is coming down the line.
My deep admiration for his spoken words.
Is it just me or do I want get sentenced away in a days of his love
Life is a trapped and confined to every corner of his mind.
During snow storms it is always the most quiet place to be without he,
I will be there reassuring him of any doubt at any given time.
But life gets cold sometimes when love is on the line,
My curiosity of him gets my heart the possible 8th wonder.
He is a Prince and I am a women of no riches, But he calls me princess,
At first it seemed shocking but now the idea tickles mt heart with a big spark,
His love is what my heart needs, I'm always on my feet,
And I am always aware of my surroundings.
My Prince of faraway always intrigues my curiosity of what love really means,
I yearn for your love, I hunger for you even in my dreams,
I wish to make you mine even in the heat of the night,
I'm selfish and am only willing to share you with the most high.
Your love is beyond every thing I ever dreamed of.
Lilly Emery's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Listen Within by Lilly Emery )
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [one narcissus], Chimako Tada
- And water lies plainly, Laurie Sheck
- Three Little Words, Adam Wilson
- Smile 1, Suresh Dogra
- Inertia of Mind, Aftab Alam
- Page By Page, Katherine Perry
- Break pen, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Robert Lowell
- Soaking Up Essence Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Full interest, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)