Your child face, covering tender years,
Sometimes from the angular disposition,
My selfish nature would look to you.
From now onward those years,
Adding dust and withering like flowers.
Why my vision goes to decades, yet to be.
Of your glowing beautiful hair, why,
I see them turning into silver grey.
Would they know how much I loved you.
And sometimes, when I see you crying.
Would they know that one day those tears,
Would be rivers and eyes turned stone.
I live, I would have only lived, and I would have,
Transformed myself into a living statue.
But would they know how much I loved you.
Ah! I would have forgone my death, to live
Like a tree, like a stone in the corner, if you,
Tell me that you would not cry for me and,
That you will live a much fuller and happier life.
The Path: By Nicholas Delaney
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving You by Sadiqullah Khan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Sir Walter Scott
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.