Kowali - Lincoln Park Zoo
Kowali, an African ape,
Female gorilla more exact,
Lived in the Lincoln Park Zoo scape
Since 1978 - fact!
But being of endangered kind,
She's on a mission to go where
Human planners are of a mind,
She's better off not here, but there.
And so she packed her lady bag,
And headed off to a new group,
By land so there'd be no jet lag,
One last sight seeing through the Loop.
Kowali's move to Knoxville Zoo.
What's a gorilla s'posed to do!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kowali - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
- Harken, The Rain comest, Sir Toby Moses
- I am blind, Aftab Alam
- One Half of a Love, michael walkerjohn
- Separated Hearts, Michael Mira
- >> Orphanage, Abdul Wahab
- Visible pain, hasmukh amathalal
- a, Vera Sidhwa
- Not be easy, hasmukh amathalal
- So heavily inbuilt, hasmukh amathalal
- Roads of Pain, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- .....You Ask How Much I Love You (best l.., Charles Wiles
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)