Keep Christmas in Your Heart
Christmas is the time of year for kindness, forgiveness and love.
A time to kneel down, give thanks to Jesus above.
A time to be charitable, happy and open our closed up hearts;
A time to reflect on others make a brand new start.
Christmas is a time to look inside yourself and find out who you are,
And open up your heart and send love to family afar.
IF Christmas is not in your heart you’ll never find it under a tree.
The best present is the presence of Family and friends,
Which include you and me.
So if hearts are touched just once a year, it’s still not too late ~~
Maybe on some magical Christmas morning,
The touch will finally take.
Sandra Finch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Keep Christmas in Your Heart by Sandra Finch )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I'm Kunta, Ivan Brooks Sr
- Martin Chuzzlewit II, douglas scotney
- In my head., Jessica Amburgey
- Groove Of A New Sound, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Depths Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 185, John Westlake
- Wash over me., Jessica Amburgey
- Martin Chuzzlewit, douglas scotney
- Love Note 18, Michael P. McParland
- A Rest 2, Michael P. McParland