Waltz For Zizi
Just An Old Farewell
I don't belive that a star, can ever land in my palm
because, I'm so little for them.
They do not see me, like I see them.
Let my heart alone, and go away.
Bury your nude forms, in someone else's arms,
if you deem mine, to be too skinny for a true man, for a hero,
but beware, for many heroes have rotten hearts.
I guess there's on need for me anymore
to spill the ink of my pen for you.
Even if one day, my poetry
will move your heart again
I'm sure that you'll be too proud
to ask for another chance,
so, farewell love, and I hope that you never look back
for I won't be there anymore.
I'll find myself another star
on which to bestow my name.
Too bad that for me, you were a fallen one.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just An Old Farewell by Waltz For Zizi )
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Boy vs girl, Mark Heathcote
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI