I can’t believe it’s already you, July.
Half the year has now passed me by.
A moment ago it was New Year’s Day
With fresh resolutions to pave my way.
My chagrin is rescued by wondrous July
As gorgeous fireworks light up the sky.
This freedom that I assume is owed
Was purchased by many a bloody road.
Though air is sultry and mosquitoes bold,
I prefer you, July, to the winter’s cold.
Gregory Huyette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (July by Gregory Huyette )
- Ma mate kahuchhi, gajanan mishra
- The New Watch, Terence Murphy
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
- The Search, david kush
- Belissima, Patricia Spears Jones
- Ghosts, Patricia Spears Jones
- Let me proceed forward, gajanan mishra
- Beloved of God, Patricia Spears Jones
- What I Have Not Done for Love, Patricia Spears Jones
- Painkiller, Patricia Spears Jones
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 November 1759 – 9 May 1805)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)