I can’t believe it’s already you, July.
Half the year has now passed me by.
A moment ago it was New Year’s Day
With fresh resolutions to pave my way.
My chagrin is rescued by wondrous July
As gorgeous fireworks light up the sky.
This freedom that I assume is owed
Was purchased by many a bloody road.
Though air is sultry and mosquitoes bold,
I prefer you, July, to the winter’s cold.
Gregory Huyette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (July by Gregory Huyette )
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery
- COURAGE, LOVE & OBEDIENCE, Tom Zart
- You Are My Everything, Lilly Emery
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Fish Waves Beneath The Waves, Saiom Shriver
- The Transcendental At Worthington Lake, Harry Freeman