When beauty breaks and falls asunder
I feel no grief for it, but wonder.
When love, like a frail shell, lies broken,
I keep no chip of it for token.
I never had a man for friend
Who did not know that love must end.
I never had a girl for lover
Who could discern when love was over.
What the wise doubt, the fool believes--
Who is it, then, that love deceives?
Louise Bogan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Juan's Song by Louise Bogan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Like It There, Luis Estable
- Rains, Rimni chakravarty
- My Surprise, Luis Estable
- Untitled, Jervin Timothy
- The Photo, Kenneth Winstanley
- Really funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui