Joy and Anger
Joy is an overwhelming feeling to be happy,
But more, To feel so delighted with God, you see;
It's an awesome happiness, that makes one delighted within,
A life so pleased and coping cause God's taken away their sin.
Anger is a time of hurts, and feelings of terrible fury,
That you just see everything negative, one's mind is blurry;
It gets one so mad at everyone who'll disagree with you,
And all you do, is to get into a tether, and end in a stew.
Joy is like a rainbow, such beauty and glowing for all to see,
It makes one laugh, To feel delighted at the smallest bee;
It's a gift from the Lord, That remains with you to share,
And when you think it's enough, there's plenty always to spare.
Anger will get one down, it's like a black cloud that won't go away,
But if we don't deal with it, anger will be in your subconscious to stay;
Anger can cause one to bring much strife more than you need,
So please deal with it first, go to God, and certainly plead.
margaret haig's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Joy and Anger by margaret haig )
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)