"It was wrong to do this," said the angel
"It was wrong to do this," said the angel.
"You should live like a flower,
Holding malice like a puppy,
Waging war like a lambkin."
"Not so," quoth the man
Who had no fear of spirits;
"It is only wrong for angels
Who can live like the flowers,
Holding malice like the puppies,
Waging war like the lambkins."
Stephen Crane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ("It was wrong to do this," said the angel by Stephen Crane )
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI