Above the grey down
Gather, wan, the glows;
Relieved by leaden
Gleams a star-gang goes;
In the dark valley
Here and there enters
A spark, laggardly,
For the faint watchers
That were there all night -
And hospital light ...
Tired of lamp,star,sun,
Bound to my strait bed
Uncurtained I see
Heaven itself law-led,
Earth in slavery.
Elizabeth Daryush's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Invalid Dawn by Elizabeth Daryush )
- National flag., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Examined, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trance in the rain, Nassy Fesharaki
- Azal se mauzood hoon..., Azhar Sabri
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner