Dr John Celes
If Death Be Cure...
If death can halt the anguish, pain in heart,
And bring reprieve to pleading prayers long,
Welcoming it, accepting it is good,
Than suffering in silence slowly more.
If death be cure to things we can’t endure,
Why lament for a loved one, it has seized?
Death ends diseases, intractable pain
Effortlessly and almost like magic!
Just think about death in ways positive;
A piece is off life’s chess-board bit early;
Why fume or fret or grieve if death should come?
We all will leave this world to next welcome!
Crying is good for pent-up emotions;
But weeping cannot improve things on earth;
Praying is better when loved ones are gone;
Let souls of dead await in peace for mirth.
So, thank God if death comes by surprise, stealth;
God is the Master of the universe;
He knows what's best and time for every soul;
Our after-life is prime in earthly life.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (If Death Be Cure... by Dr John Celes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 April 1889 – 10 January 1957)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Queen Patrenialla - Part Three Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- con man, lee fones
- I love Winter, but it's cruel احب الشتاء.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- And so we go on, Gina Borrebach
- Baby if this is love, Dorsey Baker
- Queen Patrenialla - Part 2 Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Mayling, Arno Le Roux
- Naming Our Wall, Arno Le Roux
- Oh Beautiful Arkansas, Dorsey Baker
- Those one thousand miles, MOHAMMAD SKATI