I Don’t Know if I Could Love
I don’t know if I could love
Whose life I’d touch: no push or shove
Give my all, strength from above
I don’t know if I could love…
How can I tell you what you need
Your hungry heart and spirit, feed?
Who will comfort, who will lead
Our lives are not our own.
Could our ascent now begin
Where solace lives to bead sad rain
From guilt and passions’ flooded tears
Hope on hope, cast off all fears
The riptide of life’s currents
Bleeds anguish of grief-stricken souls
Remnant of joy locked hidden
Secrets and dreams inscribed upon
Unfaithful lips that lied
Hearts betrayal forfeits our goal.
Laced within our cryptic essence
Depth of spirit: hidden chasm
Who sees the broken hearts’ pretense,
Tears once flowing as our own?
The glass opaque- who can discern
Our dark reflections
Face to face?
Did we avow to live by love’s light?
Forgiveness heals to make whole
Reclaim the joy foolish words have ridden
And live those dreams spoken upon
Faithful lips that kiss Truth’s purest gold.
Marck Riggins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Don’t Know if I Could Love by Marck Riggins )
- No Pussy In Hell, Buddy Bee Anthony
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 79, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland
- Tomorrow's Trails, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Errand Man, Tony Adah