I Am An Inmate..
The bluish green emerald prison is very admirably vast,
Following the regular and strict routine with masks,
The guards at the every entrance with stamps,
Deface the beautiful fresh pages with the kiss.
Birds have the freedom, trespass with graceful ease,
Aquatic brutes of all kinds wander for suitable mates,
The holed earths weep with fossil fuel of tears,
The underneath natural gas escapes for their feast.
The ants are busy collecting the delicious dirty food in a hurry,
The bees are tied with the strings of obedience, coated with honey,
The buds wombs swell big to bloom as the beautiful fragrant flowers,
The prisoner’s intelligence increases to scheme to destroy this lock up.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am An Inmate.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Did you read them?
- THIS AUTUMN, Satish Verma
- खुशियाँ गौने से पहले ही... (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- A Fish Remains, Rohit Sapra
- My Heart Is Still Alive, Rohit Sapra
- Nwng2(Simangnisim), Swrji Basumatary
- Tuniapali Tracks On, Pintu Mahakul
- अपने तसव्वुर में जीने दे और (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- Life Is Good and Not Always Bad, Rohit Sapra
- Reciprocity, Valsa George
- The Spring After Him, Asma Riaz Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)