I Am An Inmate..
The bluish green emerald prison is very admirably vast,
Following the regular and strict routine with masks,
The guards at the every entrance with stamps,
Deface the beautiful fresh pages with the kiss.
Birds have the freedom, trespass with graceful ease,
Aquatic brutes of all kinds wander for suitable mates,
The holed earths weep with fossil fuel of tears,
The underneath natural gas escapes for their feast.
The ants are busy collecting the delicious dirty food in a hurry,
The bees are tied with the strings of obedience, coated with honey,
The buds wombs swell big to bloom as the beautiful fragrant flowers,
The prisoner’s intelligence increases to scheme to destroy this lock up.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am An Inmate.. by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Catch 22 on the Lake District hills., Dan Reynolds
- My Words, Fatima Nusairat
- Jesus And Gandhi: South And North Of Sam.., Saiom Shriver
- I Remember, Ronald Chapman
- The Flash Of The Brahman, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Chick Coalition, Saiom Shriver
- it's no surprise i'm weeping, just a lit.., Mandolyn ...
- Culmination, Angell Afinowi
- A Flowers Telling of Orpheus, Skyler Ryan
- West, GRANT FRASER