I am the eclipse that makes you blind,
a dark shadow cast upon your mind.
As you try to escape into the light
I'll serve as a reminder of the night
I am the scent of your blooms decay
a putrid aroma from your lost bouquet.
As from my dreadful stench you bolt
I'll engulf your being until you revolt
I am the bitter you find in your sweet,
an aftertaste from your spoiled meat.
As you glutton on to much to chew,
I'll feed you more of my wretched stew.
I am the timbre of your screams,
a sound echoed from your dreams.
As you try to escape with your soul,
I'll be the melody of your bell's toll.
I am the agony that you must feel,
the pain letting you know it was real.
If you think this fiend you have met
you have, for I am your life's regret
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Am by Joey Jones )
- - -My Dear- -, Ali Sabry
- - I Love You With All My Heart O My Fair.., Ali Sabry
- - I Love You Blind-, Ali Sabry
- - -I Have Chosen You From Among The Beau.., Ali Sabry
- - -I Forgave All My Heart I Forgave- -, Ali Sabry
- - I'm Sitting On Your Lap Warm Finally-, Ali Sabry
- - I Love You All-, Ali Sabry
- - -My Dear Dear- -, Ali Sabry
- - My Poem To My Lovely Beauty Lady After.., Ali Sabry
- - My beautiful lovely lady-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)