I am the eclipse that makes you blind,
a dark shadow cast upon your mind.
As you try to escape into the light
I'll serve as a reminder of the night
I am the scent of your blooms decay
a putrid aroma from your lost bouquet.
As from my dreadful stench you bolt
I'll engulf your being until you revolt
I am the bitter you find in your sweet,
an aftertaste from your spoiled meat.
As you glutton on to much to chew,
I'll feed you more of my wretched stew.
I am the timbre of your screams,
a sound echoed from your dreams.
As you try to escape with your soul,
I'll be the melody of your bell's toll.
I am the agony that you must feel,
the pain letting you know it was real.
If you think this fiend you have met
you have, for I am your life's regret
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Am by Joey Jones )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...
- कर्म ही अब धर्म जहाँ..., Sandhya Jane