I am the eclipse that makes you blind,
a dark shadow cast upon your mind.
As you try to escape into the light
I'll serve as a reminder of the night
I am the scent of your blooms decay
a putrid aroma from your lost bouquet.
As from my dreadful stench you bolt
I'll engulf your being until you revolt
I am the bitter you find in your sweet,
an aftertaste from your spoiled meat.
As you glutton on to much to chew,
I'll feed you more of my wretched stew.
I am the timbre of your screams,
a sound echoed from your dreams.
As you try to escape with your soul,
I'll be the melody of your bell's toll.
I am the agony that you must feel,
the pain letting you know it was real.
If you think this fiend you have met
you have, for I am your life's regret
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Am by Joey Jones )
- The Merely Imagined Author Writing The L.., mary douglas
- Will you come to me tonight?, Erato
- पापा, sushant jha
- पापा, sushant jha
- Resurgence, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Returning from the Broken Mirror Myth, Gabriel Sumon
- Tour Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- ZZ Animals Flunk These 2014 Candidates, Saiom Shriver
- my pool days, lee fones
- Enough is enough, Pat Raia
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)