I am the eclipse that makes you blind,
a dark shadow cast upon your mind.
As you try to escape into the light
I'll serve as a reminder of the night
I am the scent of your blooms decay
a putrid aroma from your lost bouquet.
As from my dreadful stench you bolt
I'll engulf your being until you revolt
I am the bitter you find in your sweet,
an aftertaste from your spoiled meat.
As you glutton on to much to chew,
I'll feed you more of my wretched stew.
I am the timbre of your screams,
a sound echoed from your dreams.
As you try to escape with your soul,
I'll be the melody of your bell's toll.
I am the agony that you must feel,
the pain letting you know it was real.
If you think this fiend you have met
you have, for I am your life's regret
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Am by Joey Jones )
- Jadavpur Universiy Campus Turf, Romeo An.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let Me Display Your Pennant , Jonathan ROBIN
- UNTIL THEN, TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)