John Logan (1748-1788 / Scotland)
Hymn V. Behold! the mountain of the Lord
Behold! the mountain of the Lord
In latter days shall rise,
Above the mountains and the hills,
And draw the wondering eyes.
To this the joyful nations round,
All tribes and tongues, shall flow;
Up to the hill of God, they'll say,
And to his house we'll go.
The beam that shines on Zion hill
Shall lighten every land;
The King who reigns in Zion towers
Shall all the world command.
No strife shall vex Messiah's reign,
Or mar the peaceful years,
To ploughshares soon they beat their swords,
To pruning-hooks their spears.
No longer hosts encountering every land,
To worship at his shrine;
And, walking in the light of God,
With holy beauties shine.
Poet Other Poems
- A Tale
- Heavenly Wisdom
- Hymn IX. Where high the heavenly temple ...
- Hymn V. Behold! the mountain of the Lord
- Hymn VI. Behold! th' Ambassador Divine
- Hymn VII. Messiah! at thy glad approach
- Hymn VIII. When Jesus, by the Virgin bro...
- Monimia. An Ode
- Ode - On the Death of a Young Lady
- Ode to a Man of Letters
- Ode To a Young Lady
- Ode to Sleep
- Ode To The Cuckoo
- Ode to Women
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.