in my hotel room,
how sad, how sad I am here.
where is my best lover?
I put my hands on my head,
I try to set in my bed,
I do not know what words to say.
I try to catch my breath,
My lungs does not obey,
How sad I am here.
Outside there is a rain,
I hear a crossing train.
the pain hits me as hammer.
I dream to see you soon,
I dream about my moon,
How nice if you are here.
How fool I am my love.
to be far from beautiful love,
Alone, and sad, here.
Rasheed Alqahas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hotel Room by Rasheed Alqahas )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Paul Laurence Dunbar
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)