Why have hope when no one hopes with you
why give a crap when you're the only one who cares
why stand alone in the back and fight the urge to sin,
when everyone looks to be having fun.
Hope is what's gives an angel its wings,
It's what gives you the motive to go through life vicious trails.
Why show affection when no one love you back?
Why try when you always fail?
When everyone is down why give up hope?
Hope is our tourch are life.
With hope you can move mountains.
But hope is not all you got you have each other.
Hope is my stronghold and my shield
and with hope I can believe.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope by shannon jackson )
- I'm not insane, Priscilla Rose
- Mystic Journey, Elizabeth Melillo
- Court of Life, Kolade Seun
- Entropic Being., John Lee Williams
- What The Tortoise Said, Tony Adah
- Forgiveness, Tiger Lily
- Stature, Nassy Fesharaki
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 6, ramesh rai
- Man Overboard, Tiffany Alexis
- The World Is Confounded, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)