He walked into the class
Like always with just two sticks of chalk
I still remember that smile on his face
His ussual style
Of pointing in the air before he speaks
That day he had a different story
He had another lesson to teach us
In his eyes I could see love
I new something good was he about to speak
'I chose to be the bridge'
I had him softly saying it
Its now long but the voice still rings in my ears
''I chose to be the bridge, through me, you will get there''
Thats his legacy to us
Knowledge and love
His voice will sound forever
''I chose to be the bridge''
Tinashe Mupedzapasi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (His Legacy by Tinashe Mupedzapasi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- waiting for Autumn, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- In Gratitude, Sandra Feldman
- My life, Abekah Emmanuel
- Hook-Nosed Barbra, Richard Thripp
- she will be mine, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- 2014 IS THE PRETTY YEAR OF HOPE سنة 2014.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- i apologize for all the in you windows...., Mandolyn ...
- three legged race, lee fones
- THE PRETTY SHORES IN YOUR EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI