Light flickers upon the tank;
It explodes, vision is sank
Below the surface glass.
A beauty figure, of rank—
Wonderful woman, I think;
Here is life's utmost lass.
No, it's a crystal drink,
In joy of life it basks:
Here is the end of fast.
Wait, but it's fate in mask.
I see the sand land, lack;
Here is Grave's hour-glass.
Edwin Cordero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Here Is by Edwin Cordero )
- Living Through Expectations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #53, Ronjoy Brahma
- Melancholy, Wani Rahil
- जिन्दगी छोटी सी...., chanchal gupta
- Rahi us shaqs se bichadkar ye gila - Gha.., Talab ...
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #52, Ronjoy Brahma
- Africa-the-Mermaid-Princess, Margaret Alice Second
- A Lasting Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- आं उन्दुबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- The girl of great beauty was not to be s.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(July 15 1964)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(21 May 1855 – 27 November 1916)
(12 February 1828 – 18 May 1909)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)