Saying you loved me, with that look in your eye,
I wish I could say, it was a cold hearted lie,
I know that you love me, I know that you care,
But the rage inside you, slowly flared.
I admit I've made many errors and mistakes,
over stepping the boundaries Which made me look fake,
I always said I would never do the things I did,
And I know that's why it so hard for you to forgive
So many times, we've said that we'd try,
Just to turn around, and make each other cry
Remember how it was, when we first started out?
We fell so hard, maybe fell in love,
At one point you'd notice, ONLY me in the room.
Now it seems our relationship is headed for doom,
We both did things we can't undo,
And not that long ago, I was EVERYTHING to you,
I admit my mistakes, but can you admit yours?
I have paid for what I have done, as you've paid for yours.
You call me names and act like you don't care,
All the while, our love for each other is still there.
I never meant to hurt you, or cause you any pain,
I know neither of us want to go through this same thing again.
I owe you so much, and I have so much to prove to you
But you continue to do things you wouldn't want me to do
We always have these tears to cry,
And are left with all these wondering questions of why?
Why can't we get past the past? You think I expect to much to fast,
But don't you want to become whole at last?
Why won't you at least try to believe me, instead of pushing me further away?
I have these emotions, I wish you could see all of it in array
Sometimes I get really upset, cause I feel you don't understand me
Deep inside me I know I shouldn't let it to be
Will you ever love me like you USED to? Show me the love
that I ONCE knew?
The love that from, we Both grew,
When will you see? I'm starting to feel like I hardly know you anymore?
When can we go back to how it was before?
Will we still hurt if we heal? Or by that time, will we still feel?
My dreams of US does not look like it's coming true, All I feel is sad and blue,
And I know you're looking for other things to 'do',
You're sick of me, and want something new.
Stanley Oguh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heartbroken by Stanley Oguh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Dirty Old Man of India, Khushwant Si.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Came I to summer, Nero CaroZiv
- Under The Lantern Light I Used To Read, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Oh, never more!, Nero CaroZiv
- Da Monologue [From 'What The Sentinel Sa.., Joseph Archer
- Balances, Smoky Hoss
- Alone And Wretched, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- A Wanderer, Noah Body
- Adil Jussawalla A Poet Of The Fragmented.., Bijay Kant Dubey