Hate is a disease
Hate is a poison
Contaminates your soul,
Can induce destruction.
I hate you for your color!
For your orientation!
It's the bitter truth of my generation.
Hate creates wars,
Gives gangs an ugly purpose,
Young ones perish on the streets
Unable to envision tomorrow.
Hate is nothing but sorrow!
Why must this feeling exist?
All it does is turn life into shit.
I fear for others like me,
I fear for the future.
Cause with hate in our hearts,
We will continue to repeat the past.
Until we learn,
And let that violent emotion be,
Hatred will rule this world,
Just wait and see.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hate by Tay'laur Paige )
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns