Give me happy news,
Of a hundred drowned men,
In the happiest tides of ocean.
Of the men hanging to your thousand,
Hairs, below your feet and flying like kites,
In the blue sky, with colorful wings.
O victory, ever since you left my door step;
Like a smoked chimney or a hearth with ash.
Like the cold smell of a watery morning,
An evening that has turned away her face,
From the red color of horizon, and the night,
Eating up the day's light and stars opening doors.
From a nightmarish dream that has clasped,
Hands to celebrate and drunk itself on the dew.
O victory! The impostor, if I could only treat you,
Like defeat, like nothing and like being itself.
From my hands would then fly kisses,
Like flowers, bright and sweet, of multiple hues.
Sadiqullah Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy News by Sadiqullah Khan )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Passion and Risks, UMBELINA FROTA Linhares Pime ..
- Snip!, Lawrence Beck
- Today I learned that I am an orphan - Th.., Dee Jay
- To Glorify Jesus, Tom Zart
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip