Happy Birthday Talented One
A rose by any name a rose and you I'm not trying to impress
And you have always been a rose you beautiful poetess
And this rose like flower I give to you to much may not amount
Though some do say and I'm one of those that it is the thought that count.
On this your birthday morning the sky is looking gray
But weather wise at least I hope it won't rain on your day
Tonight on your birthday dinner we'll toast you with the glass of cheer
As we do on every third of August your big day of the year.
You are the star of the poetry anthology known as 'Mud, Wind And Rain'
And those who have read your beautiful poems always return to them again
And you are quite an artist too you can paint as well as write
And in the W W W group you are a leading light.
Happy birthday to you talented one you look well for your years
And tonight at your birthday dinner in Julie's house we will drink a couple of beers
And you will be the centre of attention and credit where credit is due
And we will sing a happy birthday lovely one to you.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday Talented One by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Let Her Know How You Feel About Her, Ronell Warren Alman
- Dreams, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Expression Eruption: An artillery call, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Biochemistry II, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- farm this, Mandolyn ...
- A Chat By Brothers, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Smith of Words, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Past IT' is, george albot
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- WILD FLOWERS ARE PRETTY FLOWERS, MOHAMMAD SKATI