Happy Birthday Talented One
A rose by any name a rose and you I'm not trying to impress
And you have always been a rose you beautiful poetess
And this rose like flower I give to you to much may not amount
Though some do say and I'm one of those that it is the thought that count.
On this your birthday morning the sky is looking gray
But weather wise at least I hope it won't rain on your day
Tonight on your birthday dinner we'll toast you with the glass of cheer
As we do on every third of August your big day of the year.
You are the star of the poetry anthology known as 'Mud, Wind And Rain'
And those who have read your beautiful poems always return to them again
And you are quite an artist too you can paint as well as write
And in the W W W group you are a leading light.
Happy birthday to you talented one you look well for your years
And tonight at your birthday dinner in Julie's house we will drink a couple of beers
And you will be the centre of attention and credit where credit is due
And we will sing a happy birthday lovely one to you.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday Talented One by Francis Duggan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- The Listeners, Walter de la Mare
Poem of the Day
- Through A Ghostly Patch of Memories, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Smiles Politely, Mae AC.
- The Painting of A Sigh, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- A Child Is Born, Heather Burns
- Suicidal Hypocricy, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Shedding Light On A Gleam, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Political Suppression The Face Off, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- On Leaving To Come Back, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Oblivious Unconscious, Mutasem I. Amayreh
- Addiction, Michael P. McParland