Happy Birthday(A not so funny story, but atleast I completed publishing my 50th story)
Santa walks into a bar in Ludhiana and asks for three beers. The bartender puts them up and then watches Santa go through a peculiar ritual.
'Happy Birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday' Each time he says the word he drinks the beer. Then he pays and walks out.
One year later he enters the same bar again and orders the same thing. The bartender watches him go through the same ritual. Curious, he asks Santa why.
'Well' Santa says, 'I have a friend in Canada and a friend in Sydney. We have our birthdays on the same day. We can`t be together so we have agreed that on this day we will each go into our local pub and have a round of drinks for each other. We have been doing this for 20 years since we were 18.'
The next year Santa comes in and asks the bartender for two beers. The bartender, a bit taken aback, places two beers in front of Santa and watches him say 'happy birthday, happy birthday! '
The bartender asks 'So which one died? '
'But you only ordered two drinks! '
'Yeah, well, I`ve given up drinking.'
Edwin Drood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday(A not so funny story, but atleast I completed publishing my 50th story) by Edwin Drood )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- Until You Look Through My Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- In the Span of Life, R B Seals
- Controlling The Narrative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Hallucinated, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Livng In Fear To Live Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Dil Jeetney Ki Khatir (Being Inspired By.., Akhtar Jawad
- Hershey, Nero CaroZiv
- Tired 2, Michael P. McParland
- Happiness Returns, Tirupathi Chandrupatla