Udiah (witness to Yah)
Happenstance, the cry of evolution
All matter just came into existence
Forward progression is its solution
Reoccurrence only happens by chance
Are the laws of the universe constant?
Or do they change like the thoughts of one's mind
Only existing 'til nature's recant
Awaiting some great event to unwind?
Don't the same processes come to repeat?
Then, where are those missing links that once were?
Would not Divine intervention complete
The many variables that occur?
Vanity to believe just happenstance
Believing in God is the circumstance.
Udiah (witness to Yah)'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happenstance by Udiah (witness to Yah) )
Did you read them?
- Life's Lived Long Lessons, Katherine Nordhaus
- Nigah-e-naaz (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- चाँद रात में सैर, Rajnish Manga
- Passages of Time, Phil Soar
- Listening To Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You Are, Phil Soar
- Racing In A Yellow Cab, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Today, SALINI NAIR
- A Deep Knowing Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- People Are Crazy, Phil Soar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- alaska airlines, rwetewrt erwtwer
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)