We are the children of light,
Wise, not companioned
In a condemned graveyard.
Blizzards of memory
But here a point,
The objective essence
We work in.
We shall not drink from the stink-pots.
With tin shovels,
We are this generation.
Patrick Kavanagh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gospel by Patrick Kavanagh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper