We are the children of light,
Wise, not companioned
In a condemned graveyard.
Blizzards of memory
But here a point,
The objective essence
We work in.
We shall not drink from the stink-pots.
With tin shovels,
We are this generation.
Patrick Kavanagh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gospel by Patrick Kavanagh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- Maiden Of Ekwensu, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Whom to, gajanan mishra
- Holy place, hasmukh amathalal
- y0ur gR0uNd uP wAtEr makEs the wind so c.., sEaN nOrTh
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal