God Makes Good Things
When my car broke down on the road,
he was sitting in the bucket seat, my little boy.
Almost five, he got edgy and said: "Why cars go phut? "
"It's the road, child, " I casually explained.
He looked away fidgeting with the school badge,
craned his neck out and said: "God makes good things,
Mum and Dad, Cocoa milk, and PlayStation but roads."
Sibghatullah Khan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (God Makes Good Things by Sibghatullah Khan )
- Don't Cover Your Eyes, Francie Lynch
- I am your mind, gajanan mishra
- What is Fall?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Holy relation, hasmukh amathalal
- Echo Within, vikram adhikari
- What a Dream it was, mohamed Alpha Ba
- The Sky Above, vikram adhikari
- Burton & Taylor, Bill Grace
- The Echoes rattle, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Where statues from their eyes Shed Tears, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)