Give A Try... O Friend!
Friendship, a journey together in common dream
in a small boat, start on small stream
through variable flow of time, obsession, passion
Place and space to reach boundless ocean.
For a friend in heart's space
nothing can but death
may time separate hands
joined once, but not souls.
Difficult is life itself
difficulty is in mind
and in the words
but not in loving minds.
Trying is worth, looking forth
that friendship worth, not like froth
knowing limits, weaknesses
better than imitations, beyond limitations!
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
― Henri J.M. Nouwen
Comments about this poem (Give A Try... O Friend! by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
- I had shied away, hasmukh amathalal
- Shoemaker, Gaurav Juyal
- King Serpentine, Gaurav Juyal
- The clouds and the child, Thampi KEE
- To My Princess, Abekah Emmanuel
- Those sensations تلك الاحاسيس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The God gives, hasmukh amathalal
- Small fishes, Melikhaya Zagagana
- When you're old, JJ Evendon
- The story of the soap, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Udiah (witness to Yah)