Get up!" the caller calls, "Get up!"
And in the dead of night,
To win the bairns their bite and sup,
I rise a weary wight.
My flannel dudden donn'd, thrice o'er
My birds are kiss'd, and then
I with a whistle shut the door,
I may not ope again.
Joseph Skipsey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Get Up! by Joseph Skipsey )
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis