Get Out the Hot Dogs, We're Going to the Beach
Four day weekend,
It's within our reach, .
For some Americans
Get Out Hot Dogs We're Going to the Beach.
Memorial sales, cars, furniture,
What's with that,
Parades that would make people cheer
Far cry from Fajullah, Vietnam,
Korea, D-day, Afghanistan
Corrigador, Iwo Jima and the march to Bataan.
Yet the people that served would some how would've wanted it this way
on this Memorial Day.
Joe Rosochacki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Get Out the Hot Dogs, We're Going to the Beach by Joe Rosochacki )
- Lagos, Henry Isiekwe
- Black as the rainbow…, DEEP DARK SOUL POET
- Nightmare, Donal Mahoney
- Feel as force, hasmukh amathalal
- Lost Children, Isabella Signa
- Pastor Homer Toots His Horn, Donal Mahoney
- Seconds In Prison, Naveed Akram
- The Light Brigade Charge, John F. McCullagh
- Farewell Forever, Sacha Hayes O'Grady
- Orphans, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)