Get Out the Hot Dogs, We're Going to the Beach
Four day weekend,
It's within our reach, .
For some Americans
Get Out Hot Dogs We're Going to the Beach.
Memorial sales, cars, furniture,
What's with that,
Parades that would make people cheer
Far cry from Fajullah, Vietnam,
Korea, D-day, Afghanistan
Corrigador, Iwo Jima and the march to Bataan.
Yet the people that served would some how would've wanted it this way
on this Memorial Day.
Joe Rosochacki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Get Out the Hot Dogs, We're Going to the Beach by Joe Rosochacki )
- Untitled, kedar thapa
- Courage, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Hard Road To Success, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ignorance keeps us together Knowing make.., kedar thapa
- The greatest secret present everywhere, kedar thapa
- Concepts 25, Somanathan Iyer
- An enlightening conversation, kedar thapa
- A Flower Which Is Eternal, Rohit Sapra
- In A Gory Accident, Edward Kofi Louis
- Peace Is Complete, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(November 9 - 1937)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)