There is a thing somewhere
Existing in this world
It is the thing that shines
More sparkling than a pearl.
It starts with F
And ends with P
And it is one of the things
Which is liked by me.
It’s a ten letter word
Consisting of two syllables
And sometimes in Maths
They are called variables.
It has a very big meaning
Important for people of all ages
The meaning is such big which
Cannot be described in some pages.
The wonderful thing described above is
What is called friendship
And mind you a thing my friends
It is not a sailing ship.
But a fact about friendship is
It is a very difficult work to tell
The meaning of friendship, without which
One will end up in hell.
It lightens up the life of a person
Like the stars of the sky
But it’s also delicate like glass
Which can break up in a sigh.
Friendship Day is celebrated as
Friends can change the life of the people
That is why take care of them
As because they are very essential.
Ashmita Saha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Friendship by Ashmita Saha )
- Ego Control, Ali Faisal
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)