When they stare at you
Because you seem to be lost
When they don’t offer a hand
Because to them you are just nobody
When they are awfully greedy
Because they just want to use you
When they disrespect you
Because they really don’t care about you
When they just keep on being selfish
Because they don’t give a damn about anybody
When you ask yourself
Is life always like this?
Are people always this selfish?
Should I forget and forgive?
Or should I do tit for tat?
When you just keep on wondering
How overwhelming and tiring it is
To be hurt over and over again
By the people closest to you
How selfish sometimes they can be!
Why it is always ‘I’ for them?
How they forget that this world is better with ‘we’?
How do they expect to survive?
How do they want us to survive?
How can they forget that
What they love for themselves
Is what they should love for their brother too
This is when you should be there
For you, yourself and you
This is when you should love
You the most
This is when you should stand up
This is when you should not be another hater
This is when you should not see the flows in you
This is when you should not be a critic
This is when you should clap
This is when you should remember
That you are ten steps ahead of them
Because they will not use you
If you don’t have something they wish they had
This is when you should really look deeply into yourself
This is when you should really realize who you are
This is when you should really see your blessings!
This is when you should really know you!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For You by Nasteha Liban )
- Agony 2, Michael McParland
- Single-minded, gajanan mishra
- Last night was looking in my eyes, valentin savin
- Craving, Foster Teegarden
- Rain in summer امطار صيفية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Poets everywhere, hasmukh amathalal
- New Sandwich, Von Kimball Barney
- Careless, Foster Teegarden
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)