When they stare at you
Because you seem to be lost
When they don’t offer a hand
Because to them you are just nobody
When they are awfully greedy
Because they just want to use you
When they disrespect you
Because they really don’t care about you
When they just keep on being selfish
Because they don’t give a damn about anybody
When you ask yourself
Is life always like this?
Are people always this selfish?
Should I forget and forgive?
Or should I do tit for tat?
When you just keep on wondering
How overwhelming and tiring it is
To be hurt over and over again
By the people closest to you
How selfish sometimes they can be!
Why it is always ‘I’ for them?
How they forget that this world is better with ‘we’?
How do they expect to survive?
How do they want us to survive?
How can they forget that
What they love for themselves
Is what they should love for their brother too
This is when you should be there
For you, yourself and you
This is when you should love
You the most
This is when you should stand up
This is when you should not be another hater
This is when you should not see the flows in you
This is when you should not be a critic
This is when you should clap
This is when you should remember
That you are ten steps ahead of them
Because they will not use you
If you don’t have something they wish they had
This is when you should really look deeply into yourself
This is when you should really realize who you are
This is when you should really see your blessings!
This is when you should really know you!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For You by Nasteha Liban )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1498 - 1546)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- 'Lefty', Robert Eckstein
- Seek in grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Mist of thought, Aftab Alam
- Cast Off, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Need to maintain, hasmukh amathalal
- Fresh Threats, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Using everything, gajanan mishra
- For You To Keep Deep, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I am Hades Sweet Persephone, Tiger Auntunette
- Wisdom And Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak